Monday, November 11, 2013

I am you. You are me. We are one.

Aren't we all fundamentally the same? I believe we are pretty damn close. Here is a list of my wants; I want to be happy. I want to wake up in a good mood. I want to provide food and shelter for myself and my kids. I want there to be toilet paper in the bathroom and soap in the container. I want to get laid. I want my home to be a safe haven for my family. The world can be a truly cruel and awful place. I want to treat my loved ones with compassion and love. I hope that I will receive some back occasionally. I honestly believe life is too short to take each other for granted. It is too short to take ourselves for granted.

My life has always been about maintaining and restoring harmony. Chaos has always ruled my life. My circumstances have not always been ideal for joy and happiness. That does not mean I have not sliced out a tiny piece of happiness from each shit pie I have been fed. I can count the number of times I have woken up in a bad mood. Although I have never known pain or sorrow like I have in the last 5 years, I have also laughed harder, loved harder and found moments of pure bliss and contentment as well. My friend Bonnie told me once that I needed some good to balance all of the bad in my life. She was correct. Life will never be perfect but the bad times make the good times so much better.

People insist on arguing and fighting when really there is no point. Arguments are short when each party compromises. It is all about putting the ego aside and thinking about the other person. People forget sometimes. This is not important. Everyone makes mistakes. What is important is that we change the course when we realize we are wrong. I know a lot of people who will not back down even when they know they are wrong because they feel the need to stand their ground. Another place people get messed up is that they forget that they will benefit from being respectful and giving to another person. The more you give the more you receive. It is true! You may say this is not always the case. You are correct. Sometimes we give to people who do not want to give back. They are like black holes sucking and consuming but only ejecting a powerful beam of destruction out of their back sides. >cough< my mother and 1st husband >cough< When this happens, it seems like the best solution is to walk away. Far, far away. Do we really need black holes in our lives? I say we should pick and choose. I personally keep a couple in my life because I truly believe they do not want to be that way, but just don't know what else to do. It seems if you are aware they are a black hole, it is easier to consciously reduce the amount of energy you are willing to donate to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment