Thursday, November 21, 2013

Haiku! God bless you...

Reality? No.
It is all about illusion.
We love counterfeit.

I touch his soft hand
My heart quivers and flutters
Soon he will be gone.

Everything changes
The ebb and flow of this world
Washes away life.

Sports, sports eat your shorts
The mans scream at the tv
Seems silly to me.

The sun shone bright, hot
The day you left us alone
Why that day, my love?

Soaring high above
The freeway interchanges
Over poppy fields.

I miss your laughter
Alone with my memories
Bitter sweet, those days.

Lovely childlike man
Shines like the sun in my eyes
Playful, wise and free.

The first time I heard about Haiku was in elementary school. I was already obsessed with counting syllables. I thought it was a beautiful way to express the rhythm of words. Haha! The Haiku was not running super strong in me today. Some days it does and all my thoughts and words come out naturally with it's rhythm. That is okay. I am also tone deaf, but I still sing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment